Monday, June 20, 2022

New Stash, Knitting and more

Hello again, well, it's been a few weeks since my last post and what a time it's been. After two and a half years, covid finally got me and wow, it was terrible. Two weeks later and I'm almost feeling back to my normal self. Fortunately, Glenn and Hannah remain well, for now anyway.

I had a little parcel arrive from 123 Stitch in the US recently, this was my first order from there in quite awhile due to the mailing restrictions we had here in New Zealand for several months.

A few charts from my wish list, thread drops and a bundle of threads needed to kit up some new projects.



Our bathroom is coming along and most of the walls that have been lined are now painted, and Glenn has made a start on the floor tiling.  The next part is to replace the toilet, which is now going to happen when Hannah and I are away in Christchurch next month.  Fingers crossed, the new bathroom sink and drawers will go in then too.  




Winter is well and truly here in New Zealand, and we've some miserable bleak weather lately. My knitting needles are back out and I've been making hand warmers and cotton dish cloths for gifts.

I bought some of this lovely and soft merino from my local craft shop so I could cast on this new hat pattern.





This will be a gift for my sister in law's birthday early next month.  This yarn is lovely to knit and I'm enjoying the pattern - Silverwood Hat by Rachy Knits, can be purchased on Ravelry. 

See you soon x



5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Nice stash from 123, I also got some. :)
The Bathroom looks like it's coming along nicely.
That will be a pretty hat.
Marilyn

butterfly said...

So sorry you had covid .
Nice stash , don't you just love having new stash.
Great Knitting .
Enjoy your week.

PAM said...

Oh No Katrina, hope you are well on the mend now?

Julie said...

So sorry to read you got hit with Covid Katrina - I think we are all just dodging bullets where Covid is concerned. Some lovely new patterns have arrived - how exciting. Take care xx

Bronwyn said...

Nice knitting and love the Christmas stash

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...