Thursday, February 24, 2022

This Week

The days seem to be flying by at the moment - my work days are busy as we navigate operating our community service in the RED Traffic light setting for the Omicron outbreak, Glenn has lots of different projects on the go as usual at our house and also, helping his Dad with some of his new house jobs, as he hasn't been in the best of health this year so far but is on the mend. Hannah has settled well into high school life and this past weekend was fitted for ballet pointe shoes, which was very exciting for her and lots of $$ for us!

One of my work goals this year is "to not eat lunch at my desk and have a break" so I've chosen a stitching project, the Little Deeds Sampler, to take to work.  I took this photo last week and it's surprising to see the progress I've made in a few days, even if I just stitch for 15 minutes.


I have a couple more finishes to share from the projects I started in December: 


This was a lovely stitch and I used most of the recommended threads, unsure of the fabric type.


FFO - this is Merry Christmas by Blackbird Designs, I really love the colour of threads in this design.





I stitched this design on 36 count vintage mocha linen and used some Lady Dot Creates rick rack for the edging.


This past weekend was the Art Deco celebration in Napier, although it was greatly down sized to accommodate the current Covid restrictions.  Our little town hosted a Farmer's Market and it was a lovely sunny morning to browse the stalls, and check out all the interesting items for sale.  

Our little vegetable garden is going well, one cherry tomato plant is producing containers and containers every week! The capsicum plants are doing well too.



This Cashew and Coconut slice is a new favourite of ours - so moreish!  You can find the recipe here if you'd like to give it a try.



See you soon xx

7 comments:

loulee said...

This year does seem to be going by very quickly.
Your stitching looks lovely.
Omicron here in NZ is causing lots of changes to work places.

Sarah Beth’s Stitching said...

Lovely finishes and I love your blackbird FFO as well. The colors are so pretty

Kay said...

Seeing your post reminded me that I must pick up my Merry Christmas design as well, it’s about half done. I have found little and often is the key to finishing anything these days, I have an autoimmune disease which makes it painful to stitch for long periods any more and it felt that everything was slow and I rarely finished a design but now I have decided to concentrate on just doing little bits of stitching, it doesn’t matter if it is a few minutes because it will all add up. I noticed your sweet deer needle minder too, so sweet.

butterfly said...

Oh always a lovely post to visit .
Such lovely stitching , love the one with Angels .
Have a lovely day.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

It's satisfying to see progress even if it's only a short stitching period. Love your finishes, especially Blackbird Design's Merry Christmas.

Elizabeth said...

Oh my, what gorgeous projects you have created and are working on. I am just amazed at what you get through, especially with a full time job. You always choose such nice backing fabrics and trims. Good to hear that you are leaving your desk at lunch time. I think John used to sit at his desk when he was in the office and eat his lunch while still working.
Happy Stitching my friend.

Elizabeth said...

That slice looks so delicious, when I showed John he said WOW. Guess I will be making it this week thenπŸ€”πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...