Tuesday, February 01, 2022

A finish, new stash and summer things

 And just like that it's February! This week Hannah starts her first year at high school so she's excited and a bit nervous! Dance classes start back too and we have a long weekend coming up so a trip to the beach has been planned, if the weather is ok. We've had some really hot days lately and there's more on the way during the week but the long range forecast is showing rain! 

Over the recent weekend I had a few hours of sewing time and this is my first completely finished stitching project for 2022.

This sweet design by Heart in Hand was a club kit last year from the Silver Needle's A Little Help from our Stitching Friends. I was honestly thinking this kit was lost in the mail as it took over four months to arrive here to New Zealand.

I used this pretty piece of Tilda fabric for the backing and the ric rac trim and button were supplied in the kit.

Our little vegetable garden has been going great this summer and each week we've been getting a small amount of produce as well as being able to pick tomatoes and cherry tomatoes every day.


Usually when I arrive home after work I make a nespresso coffee to enjoy before beginning the afternoon jobs and getting dinner ready. Lately due to the heat I've been making an iced coffee, which is just the nepresso over ice, add cold milk, more ice and it's so yum.  I only add the cream and chocolate dusting every now and then, ha ha



Due to the mail suspension between here and the US at the moment, I'm so missing being able to jump online and place an order to 123 Stitch. Not to worry, we have several great stitching sites available here in NZ so I recently placed an order with Art & Frame in Christchurch - I can't absolutely wait to visit there again this July.

Art & Frame stock some of the lovely Fox & Rabbit linens from Australia, they are the most loveliest colours and I can't wait to try these.

A few new charts, and when I do eventually stitch the Heart in Hand chart I'll have a go at making a drum like in the picture.



That's me for today. Let me know if you have any special stitching plans for February. I'll be carrying on with stitching on the couple of projects started I started in December. I'm also going to stitch the first few of my 2022 Family and Friends Christmas ornaments, charts I've already picked out and have ready to go with fabric and threads.

See you soon xx


4 comments:

Bikegirl said...

I miss so much no being able to order from 123 Stitch either! Hopefully we can order from them soon. I'm lucky to live near CHCH so visit Art and Frame often, they have so many charts!!!

butterfly said...

Lovely post , love your new finish and the backing material is so pretty .
Love your new charts and materials , looks like you are ready for lots of stitching this year.
Have fun.

Marilyn said...

That pillow is a beautiful design.
Great fabrics & stash!
Marilyn

PAM said...

I love your stitching Katrina, the way you finish them is gorgeous.
I used to do a lot of cross stitch and embroidery but the last few years have fallen behind. I did a couple of pieces for the grandkids for Christmas and a birthday and have gotten inspired again. Am planning on making some decorations and have charts and threads ready to go.
Will have to check out Art & Frame, they're not someone I've heard of before.
Starting High school is every exciting for Hannah, they grow up so fast, our eldest granddaughter will be 18 in a few weeks - eeeek

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...