Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Shepherd's Bush Stockings and a Work Surprise

Hello again, well it's been a few weeks since my last post and what a busy few weeks it's been! Between helping my in laws move into their brand new home and down size, and then getting their old house ready to sell, Hannah being unwell, feeling a bit unwell myself, and then Hannah having round two of being unwell at the end last week, lots on at my work, the end of the month has certainly arrived quickly! 

There's now only two weeks left of this school term and then during the school holidays, Hannah and I are heading to Christchurch in the South Island for Hannah to attend Dance School. She's participating in a week of workshops for ballet, tap, jazz, lyrical and contemporary dance. We are travelling with other dancers from the local dance studio, their Mums and of course, Hannah's lovely dance teacher Miss Deb.  After our fab trip there last year, both Hannah and I are very excited to have the opportunity to go again. As well as dance school, we hope to be able to get out and about and take in some sights. You can read about last year's trip here.

The finish I'm sharing today is the Thomas Stocking, a pattern by Shepherd's Bush. I think I started this way back in early 2019?  Stitched on natural coloured floba linen with DMC pearl threads, I also substituted the suggested hand dyed threads to DMC as I didn't have any on hand.




I just need to sew on the charms and stitch the name of the recipient!

I've also started another stocking design, this one is the Lois stocking and I'm using different fabric for this, natural coloured 20 count Cork linen.



I just love stitching these stockings designs.


Now for the surprise, earlier in the month marked 25 years since I started my role as the Manager of the community service I work for.  The lovely people I work with surprised me one morning with a lovely morning tea, cake, flowers, gifts and special visitors including my parents, some dear friends and the Deputy Mayor (another friend) presented me with some flowers of behalf our District Council. 



You can also check out a news article here that was put together by the staff.


I was very touched and we all had a few happy tears after the speeches! 

See you soon x

4 comments:

Robin said...

Don’t you just love Shepherds Bush stockings? What a lovely and well deserved surprise. Congrats to you on 25 years of making a difference

butterfly said...

Sorry to hear you and your daughter have not been to well.
Lovely stitching on your stockings .
And well done on 25 years at your work place .
Have a wonderful time on your trip with your daughter.
Hugs.

Marilyn said...

Wishing Hannah a fun time at dance classes.
Congrats on 35 years of service.
Marilyn

Alison said...

How lovely Katrina. You are obviously very much appreciated by all of those you support. Thanks for sharing - feel good stories are always cheerful. Happy travels to you both too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...