Tuesday, May 11, 2021

A Saturday Sewing Session

It's been awhile since I've had my sewing machine out on the weekend, where have the weeks been going? I really can't believe it's now May and would you believe that a certain young lady in our house is now 13, a teenager!  We've celebrated by taking Hannah and her friend to Taupo, we were all looking forward to getting away for a few days and it's been probably well over two years since we last stayed in Taupo. More about our weekend away in the my next post.

Back to the sewing, last Saturday it was a freezing cold day - I had planned to do some sweeping and weeding in the gardens but it was too cold to be outside so instead spent a couple of happy hours sewing and watching Floss Tube.

Isn't this little project bag cute! Kath made it for me and its called a Wee Braw bag. I think you can buy the pattern as a PDF.

The crochet and knitting enamel pins were also from Kath for my birthday last month, love them!

 

After stitching a lot of Easter designs last month, I decided to get some Christmas ornaments stitched to get a bit ahead.

This is the little pillow design from Chalkful Merry by Hands on Design and Priscilla Blain. Stitched on chalkboard linen and the recommended threads.


This is Merry Old Soul by Brenda Gervais/With Thy Needle and Thread, stitched on 32 count smokey pearl Belfast linen with the recommended threads.




 
For the trim, I stitched some natural ric rack down with red thread.

Thanks for stopping by, see you soon xx

4 comments:

butterfly said...

Always love coming over to your blog.
Great Christmas stitching and finish .
Enjoy your day.

Marilyn said...

Very cute finishes.
I love how you stitched the Ric Rac on.
Marilyn

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

You are so organised Katrina. I can't even think about Christmas stitching at the moment, let alone Christmas finishing. I also like how you stitched the Ric Rac on your ornament.

karin said...

Hi Katrina,
I just love your blog!!!
Please where did you get the lovely Hnademade charms for your project bags?
I have made 2 with a stitched insert and would love them to add on.
Mine are larger that the ones made. I looked at videos and winged it to the size I wanted for my stitching.
Thanks in advance.
A fellow stitcher,
Karin :)
in NY

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...