Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Two New Project Bags

Earlier in the year I made a list of several sewing projects I wanted to complete during 2020, mostly finishing off some stitched projects and also some small hand made items for gifts.

When our NZ lock down started, one of the first projects I worked on was a new project bag. I'd had this in mind for this stitched piece for quite some time, I bought the matching fabrics well over a year ago.

For this bag, I used a You Tube tutorial by Lisa, Kindred Stitcher. It is very easy to follow. You can find it here :


I Belong to the Cross Stitch Nation is a design by Heartstring Samplery and I stitched it on 32 count vintage mocha belfast using the recommended threads.

I had to sew the fabrics to the stitched piece to match the measurements used in the tutorial.



The next project bag, I used a stitched design that I actually finished last year. This is the Love My Stitching design by Cathy of Hands on Designs. Once again I used the tutorial mentioned above. I was down to my last zip and it was a bit short so I added some tabs to the end of it. Zips will be one of the first things I'll be stocking up on when my local sewing shop reopens!








As you can see I used my own colour combination for the thread choices, red, grey and white DMCS and the fabric, although it doesn't show clearly in these photos, is a light blueish grey colour.

This is for Kringles, the new chart by Little House Needleworks, all set to go, and yay, my fabric arrived in this morning's post so I can finally get it underway. 

See you soon xx

7 comments:

loulee said...

What great wee project bags, sew pretty. And that cute bit of red ric rac peeping out there.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I like your project bags. I might add them to my to do list as I'm always looking for different ways to finish/use my cross stitch finishes.

Marilyn said...

Very nice project bags.
Thanks for the link.
Marilyn

Sabine said...

Beautiful project bags!

Valensei said...

I’m in NZ too and have been eyeing up Kringles for the past couple of weeks. Did you buy it locally.i planned on ordering it from overseas along with the fabric.

butterfly said...

What lovely project bags , so pretty.
Love your new chart , have fun.

Jennifer said...

Both of your bags are so pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...