Monday, August 29, 2022

Nearly Spring

Hello friends, the end of another month is nearly here and September means that it will be officially spring here in New Zealand, yay! What a wet winter we've had this year. 

Onto more happier things, I've had this little kit, which was a part of the Silver Needle's Stitching Circle Club, in my stitching basket for ages. The other night I couldn't decide what to stitch on so thought I'd get this one underway.  



I've been on a fabric and accessory buying spree lately, who could resist these new ones in at my local sewing shop:



A new Nurge embroidery frame to try out and a few other bits including new scissors to go into my red work bag.


Can't wait to start this red work pattern 


and more gorgeous fabrics for project bags


One of my favourite NZ food bloggers, Vanya from VJ Cooks, has recently released her first cook book, so I tried out the Apricot Museli Bar slice - yum! I love Vanya's recipes, I probably make one of her dinner recipes every week.


These simple pineapple muffins were pretty tasty too, the recipe can be found here:


Hannah has just finished her first season of high school winter hockey and she absolutely loved it. Held on Monday evenings, some weeks the weather was atrocious but the kids got out there and played their game, win or lose, they had a ball. 


I'll leave you today with the latest pup photo we received this morning - look at those eyes!  


Not long to wait now, 9th September, we pick up this little dude and get ready for the fun and games to start! 

See you soon xx


4 comments:

butterfly said...

You are lucky with Spring on the way , we have Winter to look forward to.
I just love Spring the best .
WOW lovely buys love everything you have a great eye for beautiful goodies .
I use to love playing Hockey at school great game .
Your heart must melt seeing your new pup .
Enjoy your new week.

Marilyn said...

Very pretty fabrics.
Love the one with the little birdies.
Diesel looks so sweet!
Marilyn

Alison said...

Hi. Nice post as always. Thanks for the recommendation to VJ cooks. I am going to try the creamy Tuscan thighs - looks really delicious!

You have a happy life,

Robin said...

Your start is very pretty. Your new fabrics are adorable. What a great collection. Hmmm, I’d be worried about the window open with those muffins, if they smell as got as they look a neighbor might reach in and grab one. I can’t believe how Hannah has grown up….seems like just yesterday we were watching you post her starting school.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...