Monday, August 08, 2022

Catching Up - birthdays, renos, books and more

How did it get to be August so quickly - July seemed to go by in the blink of an eye and if the next month goes just as fast, it will be spring before we know it. 

We had a small celebration for Glenn's 50th birthday last Tuesday - August 2nd. A few of our friends came for dinner and this was the lovely cake my cousin Donna made for Glenn. It was chocolate and caramel flavoured, and just delicious.  







Over the past few weeks, Glenn has been making great progress on our bathroom/toilet.  He has done this all on his own, even the floor tiling, with the plumbing work being done by a professional.  

This weekend Glenn completed a lot of the smaller details, framing around the window, skirting boards, and door frame, just the painting to do. The door has come off to be also painted this week so we have a "fab" blue tarpaulin for our door at the moment, ha ha!  The plumber will be back sometime to install the hand basin and to replace the temporary shower head we've had since the shower went in back in early June.  



There's still the electrical work to be done and the ceiling to go up but it's getting there, and Glenn has done an amazing job, as always.

Here are the couple of books I enjoyed while on my holiday break - Lessons in Chemistry would be one of my favourite books so far this year.









Every week I like to stop by my local sewing and craft shop and Andrea tries to tempt me all the time with new things in, she doesn't need to try very hard. Last week it was a big box of wool that had just arrived in from Australia - so pretty but which one to pick ha ha.  


My very small daphne bush is flowering at the moment - my absolute favourite floral scent. I really miss the white daphne at my in laws old house, I really need to get one for our garden some time.


After some very wet and cold weeks, we've had a week of sunshine and boy, does it make you feel better - almost feels like spring is on its way.  The daffodils in the garden at work have started flowering and other bulbs are nearly out too.



Have a happy week friends, see you soon xx

2 comments:

butterfly said...

What a nice homely post .
Your bathroom is looking great , thank goodness for our husbands .
Looks like Spring is not far away from you . I dread winter apart from more stitching time.
Have a great week .

Marilyn said...

Happy Birthday to Glenn!
The bathroom looks awesome.
Very pretty flowers.
Marilyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...