Wednesday, January 27, 2021

What I'm Stitching

Over the past few weeks I've been stitching on a few left over projects from 2020. January is usually the month each year I try to set up a plan for my stitching, as I mentioned yesterday, and have a bit of fun, pulling out of my stitching basket each day, whatever I feel like stitching on.

I'm going to continue with the #santasundayxs and #merrymondayxs stitchalong, which is on Instagram, and first up, the 2020 Prairie Schooler Santa, which I'd started last year.

Blessed Bee by Brenda Gervais was a restart last year as I decided to change fabrics.  I'm using the lovely project bag my friend Val made me, I love the stitchery design and the fabrics Val chose.





During my summer holiday each year I always sort out threads and patterns used the previous year and file them away, and put in back my thread boxes, etc.  While I was doing this I thought I'd look for all the threads for Winter Rose Manor by Brenda Gervais to see what I had and was surprised to find that I had most of them.  I had leftover 32 count Wren fabric from the Jack Frost series project so before I knew it, it was underway!




Such a lovely design to stitch.  I've popped this away for now so I can concentrate on getting a few WIPs finished.

Whew, it's a scorcher here today - its currently 34 c and we have a few more days of high temps to get through.  Our swimming pool is in good use this week that's for sure!

See you soon xx

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Great projects.
Winter Rose Manor will be so pretty on that fabric.
Marilyn

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Winter Rose Manor is looking good.
Project bags are so useful but they are even better when they are as pretty as yours.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a great new start, it was obviously meant to be with almost all the threads and the perfect fabric. That's what I call serendipity!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...