Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Knit August Nights 2018

One of my favourite things to do now every August is take a trip up to Napier to the Knit August Nights (KAN) event. This is a whole weekend of classes, yarn shopping, mill tours and lots more but my friends and I just go along to check out the market which is open to the public on Sunday morning. 

For the third year in a row, Napier turned on the sunshine and it was a beautiful day. The venue for KAN couldn't be in a more perfect spot, right beside the sea at Ahuriri. 



Look who I found - Kath! We arranged to meet up for the morning and had a fab time checking out all the gorgeous yarn, accessories, patterns and chatting with several NZ designers and hand dyers.


If you are a NZ knitter you probably would have heard of Libby from Truly Myrtle Designs.
Kath and I had a great chat with Libby and checked out her wonderful designs.


Here are the samples for the Floozy cardigan, which Libby has released recently.  Using Catrien from Yarnfloozy lovely colourways, the pattern and kits have been a huge hit here in NZ and around the world.


I had so much fun spending my yarn money, photos of my purchases at the end of this post.


Once we'd finished at KAN, we decided to head into town for lunch and a browse of the shops, it was such a warm sunny afternoon.


And my goodies - some new pins for my knitting bag


This yarn by Revive Designs is so lovely to squish, so soft, its a silk and merino mix.


One of my favourite hand dyers to visit is Alice from Bleating Art yarn and I've purchased from Alice several times before. Alice and her Mum dye the most fantastic colours.  These three skeins are intended for a shawl, which is going to be an ambitious project for me considering I've only ever knit one small shawl before.


My first ever skein of Hedgehog Fibres, in the Cheeky colour way. Hedgehog Fibres is from Ireland.


It wasn't intentional but I must have a thing for pinks and greys at the moment, lol.

If you get the chance to visit KAN one year, please do so as its well worth it. Maybe next year I'll get along to some classes.

See you soon xx

4 comments:

butterfly said...

Lovely wool, looks so soft .

I use to work in a wool shop and would always get tempted to buy most of it.

Marilyn said...

Looks like a fun time with gorgeous yarns!
Marilyn

Bethan said...

Looks like you had a great time. I love your pins; I have a small collection myself so it's always fun to see new ones x

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Sounds like my kind of weekend. Love your purchases.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...